The artist's collection
The MML Lima’s collection currently consists of over 200 tapestries, 2500 graphic designs (1800 drawings, 850 paintings) and more than 10,000 photographs, numerous sketches, along with a vast bibliography of books, magazines, newspapers, reviews, personal writings, interviews, catalogs and multimedia material belonging to textile artist Maximo Laura.
The MML Cusco features a permanent exposition of 42 works (6 murals,19 medium format and 17 miniatures), highlights of some of the most important pieces created along the artist’s path. These fine art tapestries have been exhibited nationally and internationally, winning honors and awards in biennial and triennial textile art contests. The works exhibited in the MML Cusco have been winners in the following competitions:
- Prize for Excellence in the VI International Textile Art Biennial “AIRE,” Mexico, 2011.
- Prize for Excellence in the 6th International Textile Fiber Art Biennial, Henan, China, 2010.
- Honorable Mention in the 3rd European Triennial of Textile Art and Fiber, “Tradition and Innovation” Riga, Latvia, 2007
- Honorable Mention in the 5th International Biennial of Textile Art, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2009
- First Prize in “Small Expressions” from the Textile Guild of America, U.S.A., 2009
- Honorable Mention in the 13th International Tapestry Triennial, Lodz, Poland, 2010
- People’s Choice Award in the exposition “Land,” organized by the Tapestry Foundation of Victoria Award Exhibition in the National University of Australia, 2008
- Bronze Prize in the 5th International Biennial of Fiber Art, Beijing, China, 2008